Adobe has released the update to Lightroom 3 and are calling it Public Beta 2. They have added some new features that are sure to bring those who have been on the fence trying to decide is it Lightroom 3 or Aperture. Here are some of the new features in Lightroom 3 Public Beta 2 that are of interest:
- Library Module now runs a ton faster.
- Library Module supports the import of video shot on the DSLR.
- It also displays the length of the video.
- They have added an icon that launches the video on your computer.
- They have added “TETHERED SHOOTING”. This is the biggest add-on in my view. And according to reports, it is lightning fast.
- Watermarking has been added.
- In the Develop Module, they offer better noise reduction.
- Added a quick key (X) for quick aspect ratio cropping.
- The Slideshow Module now has improved previews in advance.
- You can also add watermarking of your images in the slideshow module.
- In the Print Module, they have added the “rotate to fit” and also 720ppi option.
As you can see, Adobe has spent some time adding features from the comments of Beta 1 and have improved the program even more. Once the program is fully release, look for SCV Center for Photography to offer our Lightroom 3 workshop to help you get up to speed on all the new features.